Prostar Capital will benefit from the contributions of members of the Strategic Advisory Committee comprising senior executives with relevant industry, private equity and finance experience.
Steven J. GilbertSenior Advisor
Steve Gilbert is a Senior Advisor and member of Prostar Capital's Strategic Advisory Committee and is based in New York.
- Decades of experience in private equity investing, investment banking and law
- Mr. Gilbert is Chairman of Gilbert Global Equity Partners, L.P., a private equity fund with $1 billion in capital under management
- Previously, Mr. Gilbert was the Founder and Managing General Partner of Soros Capital L.P., the principal venture capital and leveraged transaction entity of the Quantum Group of Funds, and a principal Advisor to Quantum Industrial Holding Ltd
- He also previously held the position of Director of The Asian Infrastructure Fund (where he worked with John Troy); Managing Director of Commonwealth Capital Partners L.P., a private equity investment firm; the Managing General Partner of Chemical Venture Partners (now J.P. Morgan Partners), which he founded; and a Director of J.O. Hambro Capital Management Group
A. Jay BaldwinSenior Advisor
A. Jay Baldwin is a Senior Advisor and member of Prostar Capital's Strategic Advisory Committee and is based in New York.
- Decades of experience in private equity investing (both as a GP and an LP)
- Mr. Baldwin is a Managing Director at Strategic Partners, a secondary private equity fund investing in infrastructure and other asset classes in the secondary market, that has raised more than $11.5 billion in capital commitments since inception
- Previously, Mr. Baldwin was Managing Director in Verizon Investment Management Corp's Private Markets group, its pension subsidiary where he was responsible for managing Verizon's $7.0 billion private equity and real estate portfolios. At Verizon, Mr. Baldwin worked closely with John Troy and Verizon was an investor in Mr. Troy's TVG funds
Edward D. DohertySenior Advisor
Ed Doherty is a Senior Advisor and member of Prostar Capital's Strategic Advisory Committee and is based in Texas.
- Decades of experience in principal investing and senior executive experience in the energy infrastructure sector
- Mr. Doherty is CEO and part owner of ANZ Terminals Pty Ltd, which owns and operates eight marine storage terminals located in Australia and New Zealand
- Previously, Mr. Doherty was Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Kaneb Pipeline Company LLC, an MLP and owner of petroleum pipelines and storage terminals in North America; a Director of Challenger LBC Terminals Jersey Limited, owned by the Challenger Infrastructure Fund (where he worked with Greg Martin and Steve Bickerton); a Director of Oikos Storage Limited (also owned by Challenger); and a Director of the Hiland Partners Group